The draw for the last 64 of the 2019 Snooker Shoot-Out took place on Friday as the first round was completed at the Watford Colosseum.
Six more wins still separate the remaining contenders from capturing the trophy in the controversial ranking event this weekend.
The tournament divides opinion as it incorporates variations on the traditional rules of the game – such as a 10-minute time limit per match, shot clocks, and ball-in-hand for fouls conceded.
However, many enjoy the break from the regular routine and the boisterous involvement from a boozed-up crowd certainly adds a bit of colour to what is usually a quiet and serene occasion.
The second round of the 2019 Snooker Shoot-Out has thrown up some intriguing ties too, as the bid for the £32,000 top prize continues.
Former world champions Stuart Bingham and Shaun Murphy clash in a battle of the titans.
Meanwhile, teenage amateur duo Ben Mertens and Ryan Davies were rewarded for their outstanding first round triumphs with a match against one another.
Defending champion Michael Georgiou faces Li Hang while fellow former champions Michael White and Martin Gould meet Joel Walker and Oliver Lines respectively.
Gould, the winner in 2012, became the first player to compile three century breaks in the history of the event after his 100 against Liam Highfield.
Meanwhile, Ricky Walden faces Luca Brecel and Ali Carter entertains Zhao Xintong in two of the more interesting looking ties.
China’s Zhao is the last remaining player who can break into the top 16 in the one-year rankings list in time for the upcoming Players Championship in Preston.
Top ranked pair Kyren Wilson and Barry Hawkins face Elliot Slessor and Zhang Anda respectively, while last year’s runner-up Graeme Dott plays two-time finalist Xiao Guodong.
Elsewhere in the second round of the 2019 Snooker Shoot-Out, People’s Champion Jimmy White is paired with John Astley while Irishman Ken Doherty faces Lukas Kleckers.
Doherty’s countryman Stephen Bateman, invited as Ireland’s reigning national under-21 champion, meets Sam Baird after his excellent win against the experienced Mark Davis.
Live coverage continues on Eurosport.
2019 Snooker Shoot-Out (Last 64 Draw)
- Ricky Walden vs Luca Brecel
- Ryan Davies vs Ben Mertens
- Luke Simmonds vs Hamza Akbar
- Thepchaiya Un-Nooh vs Mei Xiwen
- Akani Songsermsawad vs Billy Joe Castle
- Kurt Maflin vs Gary Wilson
- Dominic Dale vs Thor Chuan Leong
- Peter Devlin vs Rory McLeod
- Kyren Wilson vs Elliot Slessor
- Jamie Clarke vs Mitchell Mann
- Daniel Wells vs Craig Steadman
- John Astley vs Jimmy White
- Joe Swail vs Mike Dunn
- Steven Hallworth vs Tom Ford
- Kishan Hirani vs Laxman Rawat
- Adam Duffy vs David Gilbert
- Shaun Murphy vs Stuart Bingham
- Matthew Selt vs Tian Pengfei
- Ben Woollaston vs Barry Pinches
- Ali Carter vs Zhao Xintong
- Hossein Vafaei vs Allan Taylor
- Michael White vs Joel Walker
- Oliver Lines vs Martin Gould
- Alan McManus vs Jimmy Robertson
- Xiao Guodong vs Graeme Dott
- Rod Lawler vs Chen Feilong
- Peter Lines vs Jak Jones
- Li Hang vs Michael Georgiou
- Stephen Bateman vs Sam Baird
- Andy Hicks vs Michael Holt
- Ken Doherty vs Lukas Kleckers
- Zhang Anda vs Barry Hawkins